***ATTENTION LLPs, EMPLOYERS, AND EDUCATORS***
STOP SB 273
SB 273 IS A TROJAN HORSE!
1. The intent of SB273 is to eliminate masters level psychologists as competition in the marketplace. This Bill restricts the practice of psychology monopolizing it as a doctorate only profession.
2. While SB273 promises independent practice as a "Psychological Associate," it will demote us into paraprofessionals with no public recognition or credibility as established clinicians.
3. SB273 will result in further regulations and restrictions on our scope of practice. This includes, but is not limited to, testing, diagnosis and assessment.
4. If SB273 passes, established avenues for employability and insurance billing in every healthcare setting we presently work will be disrupted and/or severed (i.e., Clinics, Non-Profits, Community Mental Health, Private Practice, etc).
5. The new requirements to obtain full licensure as a "Psychological Associate" are disparate with every other mental health license in Michigan.
6. SB273 is a jobs killing bill. It will displace a qualified, licensed workforce from providing mental health services to the public.
***Michigan has the largest number of masters level psychologists in the nation - nearly 4,000 LLPs/TLLPs as of December 2013! There is strength in numbers.***
*** The bad news is that only a handful know about this disastrous bill.
The special interests pushing SB273 have substantial resources.
If you decide that someone else will stop SB273, YOU ARE WRONG.
Each and every person needs to get involved.***
***SB273 is now in the House.
The House is the last step before this Bill goes to the Governor to sign. Time is of the essence. SB273 will pass if you do not act NOW! We will be providing additional information for you to help with these efforts.***
***TO KILL SB273, CLICK HERE***